Friday, January 2, 2009

First Word

"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since..."

"I stuffed a shirt or two into my old carpet-bag, tucked it under my arm, and started for Cape Horn and the Pacific..."

"There was no possibility of taking a walk that day. We had been wandering, indeed, in the leafless shrubbery an hour in the morning..."

"Fyodor Pavlovitch made her an offer; inquiries were made about him and he was refused..."

"Evening.Lenny is sitting on the sofa with a newspaper, a pencil in his hand. He wears a dark suit. He makes occasional marks on the back page."

"It was the summer that men first walked on the moon. I was very young back then, bu I did not beleive there would ever be a future..."


No comments: